Frequently Asked Questions
Probiotics are “live micro-organisms which when administered in adequate amount confer a health benefit on the host"
Research has suggested that probiotic bacteria can:
- Improve digestive function
- Help with side effects of antibiotic therapy
- Help reduce the risk of certain acute common infectious diseases
- Improve tolerance to lactose
- Enhance immune function
3. Is Bacillus clausii used around the world?
Yes. Bacillus clausii has been approved for human use since 1958 in Italy.
4. Is Bacillus clausii safe to be used in infants, children & adults?
Bacillus Clausii is safe to be adminstered to infants, children and adults. Bacillus clausii is currently marketed by various global health care companies as capsules, tablets, powder and liquid.
5. What are the global brand names of Bacillus clausii?
- Domuvar Marketed by BioProgress SpA Italy.
- Enterogermina® Sanofi Winthrop SpA, Italy & India
- Erceflora Marketed by Sanofi in Philipines
6. Is Bacillus clausii approved by the Unites States FDA?
Yes. US FDA identifies Bacillus clausii as GRAS (Geneally Recognized as Safe). The Bacillus Probiotic strain is also part of the FDA’s partial list of microorganism list dated 2002.
7. Why should I give my infant/child a probiotic when he/she is undergoing antibiotic treatment?
On an average every year infant/children between the age group of 6 months 9 years undrgo antibiotic treatment atleast 2-3 times. During this antibiotic treatment the intestinal flora is damaged/compromised due to the effect of various antibiotics. The damages caused by the antibiotics may result in lack of appetite, improper eating habits and lack of enzymes required for digestion in the digestive system.
When probiotics are adminstered along with antibiotic therapy, the probiotics help heal and repair the damaged intestinal flora and creates a friendlier enivronment to allow easier digestion/absorption of food.
8. Why should I take BellyBiotic?
Most Probiotic formulations (capsules/tablets/powder) lose the live viable cells even during the course of manufacturing. BellyBiotic unique liquimix combination enables the mixing of live probiotic cells with the necessary excipients in the novel probiotic delivery system. This enables the delivery of live probiotic cells directly in the gastro intestinal flora to produce the much needed therapeutic effect.
9. Where can I buy BellyBiotic?
BellyBiotic is a registered trademark of Pharmvista Inc. USA. Pharmvista is currently in the process of licensing this product all across the globe.
10. Where do you manufacture BellyBiotic?
BellyBiotic is carefully manufactured in a FDA registered food facility in Western Europe.
Bellybiotic contains Bacillus clausii, in a Novel Probiotic Delivery system. Bacillus clausii is a trusted probiotic strain which has been used over 40 years around the world in the treatment of antibiotic associated diarrhea and to provide digestive support to infants, children and adults.
Bellybiotic is available as 10 mL vials and can be used as two doses. Bellybiotic is available in a package of 6 vials per box.
It produces various vitamins, particularly groupB vitamins thus contributing to correction of vitamin disorders caused by antibiotics and chemo-therapeutic agents. Promotes normalization of intestinal flora.